Sunday 20 October 2013

Raindrops on roses...

 Hello everyone!

I thought it might be a nice idea to share just a few of my favourite Beauty Products, Fashion Items, Books, Music and Films : )

Some of them are old reliable's that I've depended on for years and have never failed me and some of them are newbies I've just discovered recently but i love them all, so here we go!

 MAKE UP
First off, my face. the most important part, these are the lucky ones that made it through to my favourites list after years of trying out hundreds of different products, these are the best ones i've found so far and i wear them A LOT. 
Loreal Intense Lipstick in 375 Deep Rasberry

Loreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara 

Loreal True Match Powder C1 Rose Ivory

Rimmel Colour Sensation Lipstick in 530 Fatal Red

Bourjois Bronzing Powder

What i love about all of these products is that they last for ages and they dont cost the earth, which is great if (like me) you're on a budget!

FASHION
Fashion favourite of the moment is the little beauty 


Accessorize Textured Padlock Work Bag

It was literally love at first sight, i saw it from across the shop floor, it stared at me, i stared back, it was the last one left, someone else was about to pick it up, i elbowed them out of the way (they were okay, i checked)and the rest was history. 
What i love about this is its 'Alex Resistance'. Anyone who knows me knows that i can be a tad....how can i put this nicely...'heavy handed' with my bags. I drop them, i kick them under my desk, things explode in them. Its like a war zone in there!
i literally keep my entire life in them so little hand bags dont work for me, i'm also not keen on having to move my stuff from one bag to the other all the time so i need something that's gonna stick with me for a bit. i'm also incredibly choosy when it comes to handbags because i know its going to be a big investment, something that i'm going to take with me everywhere for the next 6 months or so, so i need to love it, like a parent, like a child, like a lipstick.
And i do, i love it like a lipstick. 

BOOKS
Next up, Books!  Now i know some of you might not be all that into books, so feel free to skip this bit, i wont be offended, promise! But i am the biggest lipstick obsessed book worm of them all so i found it incredibly difficult to choose just one favourite, but after much deliberation and discussion (with myself) there was only one bloke i could honestly name as favourite....though i'm not too sure how happy Mr Dickens would be at being called a 'bloke'...



Beware this book is not for the soft hearted and anything by Dickens is never easy to read, but he is, hands down the best author i've ever read. though if you've never read his stuff before then Oliver Twist is probably the best one to start off with. 


MUSIC


  
Need i say more? i hope not. This one was easy peasy, their my favourite band ever (or so far anyway though i am a tad fond of Rush) i may be a bit biased in this as we share a home city but the tone of this album is intoxicating (ooer!) the lyrics are clever and witty and what are we brits, if not clever and witty? P.S I'm seeing them live in a few weeks so expect to see a gargantuan sized post on that little adventure. (Cut to me hopping from one foot to the other in line outside the arena similar to Homer Simpson when waiting for beer or a doughnut)


FILMS




Before you say anything, yes i know this is not just ONE film, but i couldn't choose, so i cheated and chose my favourite director instead. The marvellous Quentin Tarantino. Though i think if i absolutely had to choose, my fave would probably be Reservoir Dogs. The bit with the ear is just classic. Tarantino fans will know what i'm talking about. 


So that, for now, is pretty much that, a mixture of my all time favourites and my favourites for the moment, if you've stuck with me this far you are an impressive and committed individual and I thank you but what are your favourites? your favourites on anything? Food, Clothes, Music, Perfumes, Photos...I want to know it all.

Thanks guys, Cheerio, Pip Pip, Toodle-oo etc etc

xoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment